body~politic

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Man-to-Man With John Heard -

Man-to-Man With John Heard -



Who are the best men you know of? How do they earn that distinction?
Muhammad Ali and Martin Luther King and Marlon Brando are my three favorite guys of the twentieth century. John F. Kennedy, as well. They earn that distinction because of their ability to withstand conflict, head on. I mean, come on, they’re heroes. But I don’t think that that’s what motivated them. I think they were motivated more by principle. Boy, is there anyone on the American landscape today that could even qualify as some sort of similar male prototype, male hero? I don’t think anybody. I don’t think the kids today have much of anyone to look up to, at least in the public media sphere. They’ve taken away our baseball heroes, they’ve taken away our pop-political heroes, they’ve taken away our activist heroes.

Twitter

-view CSL mobile version -



Webring Translator Thingamajig